General Assembly, A Meeting of Congregations
General Assembly 2013
June 19-23, Louisville, KY
General Assembly (GA) is the annual meeting of our Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA). Attendees worship, witness, learn, connect, and make policy for the Association through democratic process. Anyone may attend; congregations must certify annually to send voting delegates.
- Multimedia Coverage of General Assembly 2013
- Program Book
- Final Business Agenda
- 2013 Schedule
- Travel information (airport shuttles, restaurants, etc.)
- Reflection Groups at GA (convener instructions and discussion curriculum)
Most General Assembly events will be held in the Kentucky International Convention Center, 221 Fourth Street, Louisville, KY 40202. Google Map.
Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) General Assembly & Conference Services professional staff coordinate logistics such as registration, housing, the exhibit hall, services to our attendees prior to General Assembly, and the GA Program. Contact General Assembly & Conference Services Office Staff.
The General Assembly Planning Committee selects the site for each General Assembly, sets the daily schedule, and determines which organizations affiliated with the UUA may present program material. In addition, the committee oversees the annual Ware Lecture, Opening Events, music, ambiance, and evening activities. The UUA Board, based on recommendations by the Planning Committee, selects GA sites four to five years in advance. Site selection criteria.
Future General Assemblies
- June 19-23: 2013 Louisville, KY
- June 25-29: 2014 Providence, RI
- June 24-28: 2015 Portland, OR
- June 22-26: 2016 Columbus, OH
- June 21-25: 2017 TBD
- June 20-24: 2018 Kansas City, MO
Accessibility and Inclusivity at General Assembly
The General Assembly Planning Committee is committed to addressing the inclusion of all people, whatever their abilities might be, in all GA activities.
- Accessibility Services—Even if you are someone who doesn't usually use assistive equipment, you might really be helped by the available services, from mobility and hearing equipment to advice and orientation services.
- Local Site Information—Our gathered intelligence on navigating the convention center and getting around the immediate area.
- Commitment to Inclusion—Beyond the physical accessibility of the facilities we use—ramps, captioning, seating cut-outs, etc.—we endeavor to take the next step: to truly welcome people with disabilities into every facet of GA.
- Anti-Racism, Anti-Oppression, Multiculturalism—The UUA affirms its commitment to maintain an environment free of discrimination and harassment based on race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.
- Economic Accessibility—The GA Planning committee is focused on creating opportunities to participate, including financial aid and subsidized child care.
For more information contact generalassembly @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Wednesday, June 12, 2013.