Endowment Payout Policy: UUA Governance Manual Appendix 2.D
The amount made available for expenditure from the Association’s endowment in a fiscal year shall be a weighted average of:
- the prior year’s spending adjusted for inflation (weighted at 70%), and
- 5.5% of the trailing four-quarter average market value of the endowment as of the previous December (weighted at 30%).
However, the spending rate must be at least 4.5% and not more than 6.25% of the trailing four-quarter average market value of the endowment as of the previous December.
For more information contact administration @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Friday, November 30, 2012.
- 1.0 Ends
- 2.0 Executive Limits
- 2.1 Treatment of People
- 2.2 Treatment of Congregations
- 2.3 Treatment of Staff
- 2.4 Compensation and Benefits for UUA Staff
- 2.5 Employee Benefits for UU Organizations
- 2.6 Financial Planning and Budgeting
- 2.7 Financial Condition and Activities
- 2.8 Grants, Contracts, or Partnerships
- 2.9 Asset Protection
- 2.10 External Relations
- 2.11 Emergency Presidential Incapacity
- 2.12 Election Practices
- 2.13 Support to the Board
- 2.14 Implementation of GA Business Resolutions
- Revision History
- 3.0 Governance Process
- 4.0 Board-President Linkage
- 5.0 Committee Limitations
- How the Board Uses Policy Governance
- Monitoring Reports
- Board Actions