2.12 Election Practices: UUA Governance Manual
In order to provide wide dissemination of information about Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) elections, and to make it possible for all qualified candidates to seek national office without undue financial and time burdens, the President shall not fail to establish appropriate policies, practices and communications systems to support the election process.
With respect to election practices, the President shall not:
- Fail to provide and publicize information for all contested and uncontested candidates for offices to be elected by General Assembly delegates, maximize access to candidate information by all member congregations, and help manage the cost of campaigning for UUA national office.
- Permit staff to show favoritism towards or against any candidate for UUA elected office.
- Fail to provide to any individual who has been nominated for election as President, Moderator, Financial Advisor, or Trustee any information that is being provided to current Trustees, with the exception of materials related to matters for discussion in executive sessions of the Board of Trustees.
For more information contact administration @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Thursday, February 28, 2013.
- UUA Governance Manual
- 1.0 Ends
- 2.0 Executive Limits
- 2.1 Treatment of People
- 2.2 Treatment of Congregations
- 2.3 Treatment of Staff
- 2.4 Compensation and Benefits for UUA Staff
- 2.5 Employee Benefits for UU Organizations
- 2.6 Financial Planning and Budgeting
- 2.7 Financial Condition and Activities
- 2.8 Grants, Contracts, or Partnerships
- 2.9 Asset Protection
- 2.10 External Relations
- 2.11 Emergency Presidential Incapacity
- 2.12 Election Practices
- 2.13 Support to the Board
- 2.14 Implementation of GA Business Resolutions
- Revision History
- 3.0 Governance Process
- 4.0 Board-President Linkage
- 5.0 Committee Limitations
- How the Board Uses Policy Governance
- Monitoring Reports
- Board Actions
- General Assembly
- District Presidents
- GA Presentations
- Leadership Council