Youth Ministry Advisory Committee
Welcome to the homepage for the Unitarian Universalist Association's (UUA's) Youth Ministry Advisory Committee (YMAC). The official task of the YMAC is to:
- become familiar with relevant literature regarding faith identity development and the history of youth ministry, maintaining a mindfulness of underrepresented perspectives;
- build relationships with youth, parents, congregational and district leaders, and UUA Staff. With input from these individuals and communities, review current best practices in youth ministry and faith identity development within and outside of Unitarian Universalism;
- prioritize current UUA efforts in youth ministry and make practical recommendations regarding programs and resources. In the process, remain mindful of our shared vision and the larger mission and ministry of Unitarian Universalism, working to address both present and future needs;
- foster multigenerational conversation and a culture of inclusivity throughout our Association.
The YMAC provides the President of the Unitarian Universalist Association with annual reports on the status of Unitarian Universalist youth ministry.
The YMAC was formed in 2010. Our current Youth Ministry Advisory Committee Members are: Sonrisa Alter, Steven Ballesteros, John Coakley, Alaina Gunter, Karen Letourneau, Elissa McDavid, Sana Saeed and Erika Tai.
Contact the Youth Ministry Advisory Committee directly at ymac @ uua.org.
To become a Youth Ministry Advisory Committee member, please review the job description and submit an application (PDF) to youth @ uua.org or fax to (617) 367-4798. For answers to questions about the application process, the role of the YMAC, or that of a YMAC member, please contact youth @ uua.org or (617) 948-4350.
For more information contact youth @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Wednesday, February 6, 2013.
- UUA Governance Manual
- General Assembly
- Appointments Committee
- Board of Review
- Commission on Appraisal
- Commission on Social Witness
- Congregational Properties/Loan
- Cross-Cultural Engagement
- Election Campaign Practices
- Fund for a Just Society
- Fund for International UUism
- Fund for UUism
- Fund for UU Social Responsibility
- GA Planning
- Health Plan
- Journey Toward Wholeness Transformation
- Melcher Book Award
- Ministerial Fellowship
- Music Leadership Credentialing Committee
- Off-site GA
- Open UUA
- Presidential Search Committee
- Theological Education
- Retirement Plan
- Regional Sub-Committees on Candidacy
- RE Credentialing
- Socially Responsible Investing
- Youth Ministry Advisory Committee
- District Presidents
- GA Presentations
- Leadership Council