Religious Education Credentialing Committee
The Religious Education Credentialing Committee (RECC) has exclusive jurisdiction over religious education credentialing. It makes rules governing religious education credentialing, subject to the approval of the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) Board of Trustees, as well as policies and procedures related to religious education credentialing. The RECC grants religious education credentials and governs the rules and policies which apply. Candidates for Credentialed Religious Educator level and Credentialed Religious Educator Master level are interviewed by the RECC before a credential is granted. Additionally, the RECC has the authority to suspend or terminate a religious education credential.
A Board-appointed volunteer committee, the RECC, has been charged with the responsibility to:
- Help set and review standards, rules, policies, and evaluative practices for participants in the Religious Education Credentialing Program;
- Evaluate participants and their portfolio and application materials, including equivalency qualifications, to approve their satisfactory achievement and maintenance of Credentialed Religious Educator and Credentialed Religious Educator, Master Level candidates in the Religious Education Credentialing Program in accordance with Religious Education Credentialing Committee rules and policies and in conjunction with the Religious Education Credentialing Office;
- Ensure that all participants in the program, including all persons who have achieved status through the program at any level, adhere to the Religious Education Credentialing Committee rules and policies in accordance with Religious Education Credentialing Committee rules and policies and in conjunction with the Religious Education Credentialing Office.
- The Religious Education Credentialing Committee is a seven-member committee, comprised of one member nominated by the Liberal Religious Educators Association (LREDA) Board, three members who are lay congregational leaders, one member who is a parish minister, one member who is a minister of religious education, and one member who is a credentialed religious educator.
For more information contact recc @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Thursday, August 11, 2011.
- UUA Governance Manual
- General Assembly
- Appointments Committee
- Board of Review
- Commission on Appraisal
- Commission on Social Witness
- Congregational Properties/Loan
- Cross-Cultural Engagement
- Election Campaign Practices
- Fund for a Just Society
- Fund for International UUism
- Fund for UUism
- Fund for UU Social Responsibility
- GA Planning
- Health Plan
- Journey Toward Wholeness Transformation
- Melcher Book Award
- Ministerial Fellowship
- Music Leadership Credentialing Committee
- Off-site GA
- Open UUA
- Presidential Search Committee
- Theological Education
- Retirement Plan
- Regional Sub-Committees on Candidacy
- RE Credentialing
- Socially Responsible Investing
- Youth Ministry Advisory Committee
- District Presidents
- GA Presentations
- Leadership Council