Summaries of Recent Meetings
The following documents are in PDF format.
- October 2012 Conference Call Minutes
- April 2012 Minutes
- March 2012 Minutes
- October 2011 Minutes
- June 2011 Minutes
- March 2011 Minutes
- October 2010 Minutes
- General Assembly (GA) 2010 Minutes
- April 2010 Minutes
- January 2010 Minutes: The Commission on Appraisal (COA) met in Berkeley, CA on the campus of the Starr King School for the Ministry. The Commission reviewed additional input concerning new study topics as well as study papers written by Commissioners exploring the possibilities for different study options. Ultimately, the Commission decided to focus its next study on ministry. The Commission held a public hearing at the First Unitarian Universalist (UU) Church of Berkeley and got initial input on its study topic and potential directions to take the study. Lastly, the Commission made plans for continued work on the study in advance of and during its next meeting, in April.
- October 2009 Full Minutes
- June 2009 Meeting at General Assembly (GA): The Commission met regularly throughout the course of the 2009 General Assembly. During these meetings, the Commission met and dialogued with representatives from over a dozen different groups representing different populations within Unitarian Universalism such as religious educators, UU pagans, and so forth. These meetings allowed the Commission to discuss its proposed changes to Article II, answer questions of members of each group and hear reactions from them to the proposed changes. The Commission also used its meeting time to prepare and coordinate its presentation of the Article II Revisions and to welcome newly elected members to the Commission and thank outgoing members for their years of service.
- March 2009 Full Minutes The Commission met in Boston to review feedback on the proposed Article II revision and to advance its planning for GA 2009. The Commission made plans for an open discussion session at GA prior to the vote on whether to study the proposed revision for the following year.
- January 2009 Full Minutes: The Commission met in Boston to discuss the reception of its proposal by the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) Board. The Commission also discussed plans for its work at GA and its work leading up to GA in order to ensure that UUs are as informed as possible about the current proposal and the procedures for moving forward with it.
- October 2008: The Commission met in Boston to consider the feedback from the online and paper surveys of its draft on Article II. It began creating a second draft, which will be submitted along with a report to the Board for its January meeting. The Commission also discussed possibilities for its work on the Article II project between January and GA.
- August 2008 Full Minutes: The Commission met at a retreat center in Arizona to discuss and interpret all of the input that it has received on Article II so far. Based on this, the Commission created a draft of the changes that it will propose to Article II at the 2009 General Assembly in Salt Lake City, UT. A copy of this draft, along with an online survey opportunity to give thoughts on it, can be found here.
- June 2008 Full Minutes: The Commission met briefly during the UUA General Assembly in Ft. Lauderdale, FL, on June 27 and 28. The meeting took stock of the input received at GA 2008 and was used to make plans for maximizing openness moving forward with the final stages of our work on the Article II project.
- March 2008 Full Minutes: The Commission met in Chicago from March 27-30 in Chicago, IL. The Commission discussed issues of publicity and message in regards to the Article II project, considering how to best communicate the workings of the process to the UU community. The Commission considered further proposed changes to Article II and charted a path forward for crafting its ultimate recommendations to the UUA Board. Lastly, the Commission made decisions on the types and timing of reports and documents it will issue in conjunction with the Article II project.
- January 2008 Full Minutes: The Commission met in Boston from January 24-27, 2008. At the meeting the Commission received the reports of two working groups which had been formed to study potential and suggested changes to Article II. The Commission considered several more rounds of "macro questions" relating to the general direction of the Article II project and also decided that due to lack of funding the Symposium as planned would not be possible.
For more information contact coa @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Monday, November 12, 2012.
- Appointments Committee
- Board of Review
- Commission on Appraisal
- Commission on Social Witness
- Congregational Properties/Loan
- Cross-Cultural Engagement
- Election Campaign Practices
- Fund for a Just Society
- Fund for International UUism
- Fund for UUism
- Fund for UU Social Responsibility
- GA Planning
- Health Plan
- Journey Toward Wholeness Transformation
- Melcher Book Award
- Ministerial Fellowship
- Music Leadership Credentialing Committee
- Off-site GA
- Open UUA
- Presidential Search Committee
- Theological Education
- Retirement Plan
- Regional Sub-Committees on Candidacy
- RE Credentialing
- Socially Responsible Investing
- Youth Ministry Advisory Committee