Search Our Site

Page Navigation

Section Banner

How do I submit my proposed Congregational Study/Action Issue (CSAI)?

  • Use the Worksheet for Congregational Study/Action Issue Proposals (PDF, 1 page) to preview what to prepare for submission. Submit proposals online via the Congregational Study/Action Issue Proposal (CSAI) Form. This form is available from the Commission on Social Witness webpage early in each CSAI proposal year (within a month of GA).
  • The form requires the name, phone number, and e-mail  of the certifying officer or minister (such information is considered an electronic signature of approval). Pursuant to the UUA bylaws, a congregation or district may submit a proposed CSAI only with the support of its membership or its board shown by a vote taken at a duly called meeting at which a quorum is present.
  • The form also requires:
    1. The name and contact information of  a person the Commission on Social Witness (CSW) could contact if questions arise.
    2. The name and contact information of a person who will speak as an advocate for the proposed CSAI at the following General Assembly. (The same person may serve as contact and speaker/advocate.)
    3. The name of the congregation’s or district’s certifying officer or minister.
  • Preview the items needed by downloading the Worksheet for Congregational Study/Action Issue Proposals (PDF, 1 page).
  • Submit your proposal by October 1 of the year for which proposals are invited (2015, 2017, 2019, etc.).

What happens between submission and General Assembly?

For more information contact socialwitness @

This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.

Last updated on Friday, October 10, 2014.

Sidebar Content, Page Navigation


Updated and Popular

Recently Updated

For Newcomers

Learn more about the Beliefs & Principles of Unitarian Universalism, or read our online magazine, UU World, for features on today's Unitarian Universalists. Visit an online UU church, or find a congregation near you.

Page Navigation