About Skinner House Books
Skinner House Books is a publishing imprint of the Unitarian Universalist Association of of Congregations (UUA). We publish books by and for members of the liberal religious community, primarily Unitarian Universalists. Our titles fall into a variety of categories: spiritual practice, memoir, inspiration, children’s picture books, contemporary issues, history, theology, worship and church resources. We release 10 to 15 new titles every year. For the latest news from Skinner House, follow us on Facebook.
The editorial direction of Skinner House is provided by our Editorial Board, which meets several times a year to discuss new directions and review proposals.
The Editorial Director of Skinner House Books is Mary Benard (editorialdirector @ uua.org).
How can I order Skinner House books?
The UUA Bookstore is the primary sales outlet for Skinner House books.
To order by phone, call toll-free: 800-215-9076
Skinner House also distributes selected titles to other retailers through Red Wheel/Weiser, LLC.
How can my congregation support the work of Skinner House Books?
- Run a church book table or bookstore. UUA Bookstore staff can help you get started.
- Host a book fair. Inquire about the UUA Bookstore’s Book Fair Program
- Participate in reading and discussion groups.
- Reference Skinner House books in worship.
- Mention new titles in your congregation’s newsletter. (You can find out about them by reading the UUA’s congregational bulletin or subscribing to the UUA Bookstore newsletter.)
- Let us know what you think! Send feedback and suggestions to editorialdirector @ uua.org.
Does the UUA do any other book publishing?
While Skinner House Books publishes titles primarily (but not exclusively) by and for Unitarian Universalists, the UUA also publishes books for the broader culture through Beacon Press.
Many resources developed by UUA staff on topics such as faith development and congregational administration and programs are published under the “Unitarian Universalist Association” imprint.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Friday, July 16, 2010.