Recommended Reading and Discussion Guides for International Engagement
Extensive suggestions for Unitarian Universalist (UU) International Engagement reading is available as a Google Library. Recommendations are organized into the Regional/National bookshelves, (ie, African Countries: History, Context and Engagement) and subject areas, (ie, UU Holdeen India Program).
In the library you'll find links to free online editions of diverse works including:
- Transylvania in 1922, by Louis Cornish
- The Racovian Catechism, by Faustus Socinus (published by Thomas Rees, 1818)
- Credo International, by Don McEvoy
- Freedom and fellowship in religion: proceedings and papers of the Fourth International Congress of Religious Liberals, held at Boston, U.S.A., September 22-27, 1907
and much more.
A great place to begin is this 'short list' of recommended books.
- International Partnership Handbook (PDF). Bedford, MA: UU Partner Church Council, 2006.
- Keyes, David. Most Like an Arch: Building Global Church Partnerships. Chico, CA: Center for Free Religion, 1999. Discussion Guide
- Reed, Rev. Clifford and Rev. Jill McAllister, eds. The Home We Share: Globalization, Post-Modernism and Unitarian/Universalist Theology—Proceedings of the 2nd ICUU Theological Symposium, Kolozsvár, Romania, July 3-8, 2006. Caerphilly, Wales: International Council of Unitarians and Universalists, 2007. Purchase through the UUA Bookstore
- Sommer, John. Empowering the Oppressed: Grassroots Advocacy Movements in India. New Delhi: Sage Publications, 2001. Purchase throught he UUA Bookstore. Discussion Guide
For assistance finding books in the Google Library that are out of print, please contact the UUA International Office (international @ uua.org).
For more information contact international @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Thursday, August 2, 2012.
- Congregational Engagement
- Faithful Witness and Action
- UU Travel
- Holdeen India
- United Nations
- International Affiliations