A Call for Musical Leadership at General Assembly
General Assembly (GA) Music Coordinator David M. Glasgow and GA Band Director Shawn McCann are currently accepting applications from vocalists, instrumentalists, and liturgical dancer/choreographers interested in contributing to the worship experience of the 2013 General Assembly in Louisville.
Your GA music team is committed to modeling best practices in musical worship leadership. With that in mind, while the qualitative competence and excellence each applicant demonstrates will be of foremost importance, special attention will be given to applicants whose participation would broaden the diversity of the pool of GA musicians. Candidates of any age, sex, gender identity, race, theology, physical ability, or socioeconomic status are encouraged to apply. If you encounter any difficulties with or have questions about any part of the application process, please contact the GA Music Coordinator (GAMC) at email@example.com or (717) 249-8944. Proximity to the GA site will also be considered an advantage in the selection process.
Applications should include:
- applicant’s name, home address, email, phone, and name of local UU congregation
- a resumé or curriculum vitæ briefly describing recent professional, amateur, and worship leadership experience (as a musician and/or dancer/choreographer)
- a brief (1-page) letter of recommendation from the music director, minister, or worship leader at the applicant’s local UU congregation affirming the applicant’s skill as a passionate worship leader in the UU tradition, OR (for students) from a music or dance instructor confirming the student’s competency and commitment to focused, mature performance of her/his art
Additionally, applicants may choose to include one or both of the following:
- a digital video recording or DVD (one or more excerpts, up to 5 minutes in total length) that clearly communicates the applicant’s skill as a vocalist, instrumentalist, and/or dancer, preferably in the context of worship
- a brief (500-word) autobiography that describes the applicant’s engagement with the musical/choreographic style(s) and/or tradition(s) that provide the applicant’s best vessel for passionate performance
Applications should be submitted digitally whenever possible, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Those for whom digital submission is prohibitively difficult may submit hard-copy materials to GAMC David M. Glasgow ℅ UUCV, PO Box 207, Boiling Springs, PA 17007.
Applications for 2013 were due December 31, 2012. Applicants will be notified of the results of the selection process no later than March 15.
NOTE: The application deadline for musicians for GA 2013 in Louisville has officially passed, but it's not too early to begin planning for GA 2014 in Providence, RI! Interested musicians are encouraged to contact the General Assembly Music Coordinator at email@example.com any time during the year.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Wednesday, February 6, 2013.
- Housing & Travel
- Programs & Schedule
- Social Justice at GA
- How Congregations Are Represented / Delegates
- Virtual GA: Participating from Off-site
- Past General Assemblies
- Exhibit Hall