UUA Officers, Trustees, and Committee Members
Information about the work of the Officers, Trustees, and Committees of the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) can be found in UUA Governance.
Board of Trustees
The UUA is governed by a Board of Trustees consisting of District Trustees (elected by congregations in the various Districts), and at-large Trustees, (elected by congregational delegates to the General Assembly).
- As chief executive officer, Rev. Peter Morales, UUA President, is responsible for the programs and administrative policies of the Association and is the Association's chief spokesperson (president @ uua.org).
- As chief governance officer, Gini Courter, UUA Moderator, presides at the General Assembly and at meetings of the Board of Trustees (moderator @ uua.org).
- A Financial Advisor (currently, Dan Brody) is elected by congregational delegates to the General Assembly. The Financial Advisor serves on the Board of Trustees, and provides the President, Board of Trustees, and General Assembly with an independent and expert evaluation of financial issues and the fiscal health of the UUA (financialadvisor @ uua.org).
- The Executive Vice President, Kay Montgomery, is responsible, under the supervision of the President, for the day-to-day management of the Association (executive_vp @ uua.org).
- The Treasurer and Chief Financial Officer, Tim Brennan, is responsible for all of the UUA's financial affairs and oversees the UUA's annual audit and other financial reports; as issued by the Financial Services staff group (treasurer @ uua.org).
The UUA relies upon energetic, committed, visionary Unitarian Universalists (UUs) to serve the twenty-plus committees, panels and task forces that work with staff and the UUA Board to carry out the mission of the Association.
- Annual Program Fund Committee (apf @ uua.org)
- Audit Committee (audit.committee @ uua.org)
- Board of Review (executive_vp @ uua.org)
- Commission on Appraisal (coa @ uua.org)
- Commission on Social Witness (csw @ uua.org)
- Committee on Military Ministry (mfdassistant @ uua.org)
- Committee on Socially Responsible Investing (responsibleinvesting @ uua.org)
- Compensation, Benefits and Pensions Committee (cbpc @ uua.org)
- Congregational Properties and Loan Commission (congstewardship @ uua.org)
- Election Campaign Practices Committee (executive_vp @ uua.org)
- Fund for a Just Society (uufp @ uua.org)
- Fund for International Unitarian Universalism (uufp @ uua.org)
- Fund for Unitarian Universalism (uufp @ uua.org)
- Fund for Unitarian Universalist Social Responsibility (uufp @ uua.org)
- General Assembly (GA) Planning Committee (ga_pc @ uua.org)
- Health Plan Trust (healthinsurance @ uua.org)
- Investment Committee (investment @ uua.org)
- Journey Towards Wholeness Transformation Committee (jtwtc @ uua.org)
- Melcher Book Award Committee (melcher @ uua.org)
- Ministerial Fellowship Committee (mfccoordinator @ uua.org)
- Music Leadership Credentialing Committee (mlcredentialingasst @ uua.org)
- Nominating Committee (nominating @ uua.org)
- Off-site GA Planning Team (offsitega @ uua.org)
- Openness Implementation Committee (openness @ uua.org)
- Panel on Theological Education (pte @ uua.org)
- Regional Sub-Committees on Candidacy of the MFC (rscc @ uua.org)
- Religious Education Credentialing Committee (recc @ uua.org)
- UU-UN Representatives (office @ uu-uuno.org)
- Youth Ministry Advisory Committee (ymac @ uua.org)
For more information contact administration @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Wednesday, October 12, 2011.