Ministerial Search & Settlement
- Going Online with the Settlement System
A succinct guide to using the online Ministerial Settlement System.
- Responsible Staffing: Helping You Create Safe Congregations for Children, Youth, and Vulnerable Adults
- The Settlement Handbook (PDF, 53 pages)
An essential resource for both ministers and congregations in search.
- The Resource Guide for Ministerial Search Committees
A smorgasbord of practical resources for the ministerial search committee and a supplement to the Settlement Handbook.
- Joint Recommendations Concerning Ministerial Agreements (PDF, 21 pages)
Describes the issues to be considered by congregations and ministers in drafting documents descriptive of the relationship between them; includes two model agreements.
- Church Staff Compensation
Essential material on ministerial and church staff compensation.
- Notice of Call (Online Form)
To be completed by the governing board once the congregation’s call to a minister has been extended and accepted.
- Conducting an Effective Ministerial Search Survey
Good counsel on survey design from Dr. Paul Riedesel, a member of First Universalist Church of Minneapolis.
- Ministerial Settlement Representative Report Forms
- Ministerial Search Committee Retreat Guide (PDF, 28 pages)
Compiled by Revs. Joan Schneider and Bets Wienecke, MSRs. Also available within the Resource Guide.
For more information contact transitions @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Tuesday, April 16, 2013.
- Job Openings
- Congregational Staff & Volunteers
- Benefit Plans & Compensation
- Becoming a Minister
- Support for Fellowshipped Ministers
- Interim Ministry
- Community Ministry
- Military Chaplaincy
- Minister Emeritus/ Emerita
- Ministerial Obituaries
- Small Congregations
- Large Congregations
- Music Leadership
- Religious Educators
- One and One E-News
- Search & Settlement