Enrollment Instructions for Life/AD&D Insurance
Enrollment Time Frame
New employees must complete the enrollment form within 60 days of their date of hire to avoid medical underwriting for Life/ Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance.
Email the insurance_plans @ uua.org if you were hired more than 60 days ago and would like coverage.
- Congregational-Employers provide the Term Life / AD&D Insurance Enrollment Form (PDF) to eligible employees to complete during their on-boarding process.
- Keep a copy in the employee's permanent personnel file.
- Email is not a secure method for transmitting personal information, social security numbers and the like.
- Fax or mail the form to the UUA - see bottom of page one of the form.
- Do not send enrollment forms to Unum; this is a group plan.
The effective date of your coverage is the day after we receive the properly completed enrollment form (via fax or mail), as per the terms of our contract with the insurance company.
For more information contact insurance_plans @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Tuesday, April 16, 2013.
- Billing for Insurance Plans
- Insurance and Employee Changes
- Transitioning Benefits
- UUA Health Plan
- Group Insurance
- Fair Compensation
- Finances/ Taxes
- Ministerial Aid Funds