Professional Development and Fair Compensation
The Principles of Fair Compensation call congregations to provide adequate time for professional development for religious professionals, including sabbatical leave, such time not to be confused with vacation.
Professional development consists of two types of leave:
- Study Leave: Congregations are urged to provide adequate paid time away each year for religious professionals to enhance their skills and renew their spirit.
- Sabbatical Leave: Congregations are urged to offer the opportunity to accrue one month of sabbatical leave for each year of service for full-time religious professionals. This is generally accrued in a five to seven year cycle.
For more information contact ocsf @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Tuesday, April 16, 2013.
- Job Openings
- Congregational Staff & Volunteers
- Benefit Plans & Compensation
- Billing for Insurance Plans
- Insurance and Employee Changes
- Transitioning Benefits
- UUA Health Plan
- Group Insurance
- Fair Compensation
- Finances/ Taxes
- Ministerial Aid Funds
- Music Leadership
- Religious Educators
- One and One E-News