Insurance and Employee Changes
Convey Employee Changes Affecting Insurance
Employee changes and terminations must be conveyed, in writing, by the congregational-employer to the Office of Church Staff Finances for administrative processing.
Never send changes with payments.
To submit changes email insurance_plans @ uua.org and include:
- The name and title of the person submitting the change
- Congregational I.D. (customer or group number)
- The type of change that needs to be made (see below)
- The employee’s full name as listed on their enrollment form
- The effective date of the change
- Details of change (new income figure, new address, other details)
- The employee’s best phone, email, and mailing address
- Employee termination/retirement
- Employee income updates (affects Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurances (AD&D) and Long-Term Disability Insurance (LTD) coverage)
- Employee address changes (Can affect Health premiums. We update the dental system)
- Employee Transitions (from one congregation to another)
- Employee Elective Drop of coverage
- Employee illness/injury which may result in an LTD claim
- Employee death
- Employee Life Events that may precipitate changes (Qualifying Events)
For more information contact insurance_plans @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Tuesday, April 16, 2013.
- Job Openings
- Congregational Staff & Volunteers
- Benefit Plans & Compensation
- Music Leadership
- Religious Educators
- One and One E-News