Volunteer with United Planet: Building a Community Beyond Borders
"I had an amazing time volunteering in Tibet. The people were extremely warm, kind, and welcoming, always ensuring that I was content with my experience. I really felt like I was a Tibetan! I got to hang out with monks, ride motorcycles, cook Tibetan food, walk freely around the town, and even spoke a little Tibetan to local townspeople. It felt great to know that I was able to help a community in need and also have an experience that I will remember for the rest of my life."—Ethan Barhydt, Short-Term Volunteer, Tibet
About United Planet
Over the past decade, United Planet has brought together thousands of people all over the world in the effort to build cross-cultural understanding and provide vital services to communities in need. Our guiding principle is that relationships are the building blocks of a more united planet.
While United Planet offers a variety of programs, our primary mission is to place volunteers in vital community projects in countries around the world. Volunteers live with families in their homes; work in local, sustainable projects; forge lasting bonds that provide lifelong connections; and grow in their own understanding of the world, and of themselves.
We invite you to learn more about us, and to join us in a journey that will open your heart, mind, and world.
United Planet Programs
United Planet offers programs in over 40 countries, across Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East, and the Pacific. You can choose from a wide range of projects, such as: orphanage care, teaching English, environmental work, healthcare and more. You will be 100% immersed in the local culture though cultural activities, excursions, and host family stays. You will also be supporting essential community development work.
- Latin America: Peru, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Ecuador, Chile & Mexico.
- Asia: Nepal, India, Tibet, Cambodia & China
- Africa: Ghana & Tanzania
- Europe: Italy & Romania
- Middle East: Jordan
- Complete list of Destinations
Examples of Our Favorite Quests
- Orphanage in Nepal. (View all quests in Nepal.)
- Guatemala Women's Empowerment. (View all quests in Guatemala.)
- Ghana Gap Year. (View all quests in Ghana.)
- Summer Teaching Program in China. (View all quests in China.)
*There are many more options. View all short term program options across the globe.
Dates & Prices
Short-term volunteer abroad Quests are available year-round. Specific start dates vary by location. Please refer to individual country pages for start dates, what's included and program fees. See a comprehensive list of Short-term Quest prices can also be found here.
(Airfare is not included in pricing.)
Read Frequently Asked Question's for more information. Explore the United Planet website and contact them anytime.
"Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean"—Ryunosuke Satoro
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Monday, April 9, 2012.
- Legislative Advocacy
- A People So Bold: DVD Guide
- Congregational Resolution Guide
- Congregational Stories
- Effective Congregational Programs
- Funding & Awards
- GA Presentations
- Grassroots Organizing
- Public Witness
- Social Justice Empowerment
- Young Adult Spirituality & Service
- Domestic Service Opportunities
- International Service Opportunities
- Volunteer with Amizade
- Volunteer with Atraves
- Intern at Center For Global Justice
- Volunteer with Common Hope
- Volunteer with Globe Aware
- Volunteer with Global Volunteers Network
- Volunteer with Global Volunteers
- Volunteer with Hope Beyond Worldwide
- Volunteer with International Volunteer HQ
- Volunteer with Kaya Volunteer Group
- Volunteer with Peace Humanity
- Volunteer with United Planet
- Volunteer with the UUSC
- Volunteers For Peace
- Contact Us
- Real Rules