A People So Bold
Social Justice Ministries & Theologies
In January 2009, thirty-two leading Unitarian Universalist (UU) theologians, ministers, and activists gathered to reflect on how might congregations be beacons of UU values for the larger world. How do we understand suffering, oppression, injustice in the light of our faith?
Out of those conversations came A People So Bold, a DVD and online curriculum materials designed for congregational use as well as individual viewing and reflection.
- How does our faith ground us in social justice, theologically, historically, with spiritual practices?
- How does our faith hold brokenness, injustice, suffering?
- How do we develop prophetic voice?
- How do we create prophetic congregations?
- How do we mend a broken world?
Congregations which thrive focus not only on serving their members, but understand that serving the larger world is central to their mission.
This book, DVD, and convocation were a partnership between the Unitarian Universalist Association and All Soul’s in Washington, DC, and engaged four Unitarian Universalist congregations.
DVD Discussion Guide: Contents
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Wednesday, August 24, 2011.
- Legislative Advocacy
- A People So Bold: DVD Guide
- Congregational Resolution Guide
- Congregational Stories
- Effective Congregational Programs
- Funding & Awards
- GA Presentations
- Grassroots Organizing
- Public Witness
- Social Justice Empowerment
- Young Adult Spirituality & Service
- Real Rules